At the Uni

|

I'm quite distracted by my sister calling me on Facetime right now so I'll just let the pictures do the talking.

(Edited)

Alright, after two hours on the phone with my sister, I've finally hung up and have a good look at this post. I realise that this post deserves more than a line. So here goes.

A couple of days ago, Mimi brought me to her school for a visit. The first thing that sprang to mind when I saw the compound was that this campus is so much bigger than the one in Leeds. They even have a separate building for computer science, whereas ours is a shared building. Going from one corner to another takes a pretty long time and the routes are quite confusing for a first-time visitor like me. I love how the uni is very student-centred. Walking around, I feel like a new student all over again. Unfortunately though, I'm not. This uni even has its own rail station. I can't begin to say how much I enjoy my visit here.

A very funny looking statue somewhere in the school. Sorry I still can't describe the location in detail but this is right in front of the public health building.

Little did I realise I'm now in the computer science field having taken my masters in computing but I'm probably only still vaguely connected to Maths.

A very excited me, after sitting on a bench eating an apple and a banana while savouring the serene environment that forms the heart of the campus.
The landmark tower at the heart of the campus. You can even see this tower from Mimi's place.

Mimi posing with the backdrop of the great hall. Apparently, this is where the graduation ceremonies are held twice a year. Yes, so much bigger than the hall in Leeds. I should probably ease up on the comparisons!

What could have been.

Mimi's good old Chemistry department, although she's not studying under this faculty this year. I will be back home in Brunei sooner than you think. There will be tons of things I'll miss about life here, from being a student itself to the environment and the people. The student life, as I know it, is over. Welcome to the cold and cruel world (according to the half-empty hypothesis).

0 comments: