A Local Delicacy

|

Ambuyat. This is a local delicacy that is not something that suits every locals, or so I've heard. But nevertheless, it is still consider mouth-watering for most. I haven't had my fair share of ambuyat in my life. I can actually count the number of times I've had them. Contrary to popular belief, Chinese people DO eat ambuyat. It's just a matter of preference and the sauce that comes with it.


My dad prepares this meal sometimes when he's in the mood for something different. He makes his own sauce which is a mixture of some kind of sambal and lime and something else I think. I just leave the process to him and I am happy enough to just sit there and eat.

It's funny how I am trained to use chopsticks but I never knew how to hold a pair of candas properly. (Is it a pair? Or just one?) But of course it's quite an enjoyable experience because you have to eat together with your family to enjoy it unlike the usual dinner in front of the TV. So if you haven't try this, go on and try. Who knows this might be your kind of food!

0 comments: