The Championships

|

I don't want to elaborate a lot on this matter because it interest me not since my favorite player is out and my back-up favorites are out as well. I know it sounds stupid but at least I have something to look forward to each time a match is on. For example, if there's Tsonga vs Soderling, I'll pick the latter. One trumps the other for several factors. And that keeps watching tennis more exciting.

So anyway, this year's Wimbledon is full of action and interesting turn of events. Where do I even begin? First of all, the Queen visited after 33 years and then there was the epic first round match between the now-famed players: John Isner and Nicolas Mahut. Of course we saw a shocking exit of the Fed Express. We even saw shocking upsets in the men's double and women's single. And now the men's final is between a player who defeated both Federer and Djokovic en route to the final and the 'never say never' winner of the previous Grand Slam in France.

Tomas Berdych
vs

Rafael Nadal
(photos courtesy of ATP World Tour)

Who do you want to see holding this year's trophy? I'd like to see Berdych win for a change, you know. Nadal and Federer has been dominating the Grand Slams don't you think? With the exception of Del Potro and Djokovic, we haven't seen any other players holding a Slam trophy since. But then realistically, I think Nadal has this.

0 comments: