Literally Singing Live

|

I'm about to post some stuff that is not my work so all photo credits to vancetan.com

2010 New Village Community Singing Competition

There was a singing competition in Seria recently and thanks to Vance, I was able to grab some photos of the event from him. According to my mum, there hasn't been a mandarin singing competition that uses live band instead of karaoke for a long time. I dare say that the last time this happened was when karaoke machines weren't available in the local market.

The band for the night was "The Mints", a popular band in KB that has plentiful of experiences with live gigs. Unfortunately, many would agree that the microphone was problematic throughout the entire evening. Well, it was either the mic or the speakers. I wouldn't know better since I have zero clue on how these technical stuff operate.

Without further ado, I present you photos from that evening.

Group photo of the guest, organisers and contestants

Yes, this is the guy who represented Brunei for a singing competition a couple of months ago in China (hope I got my fact right)


I had to be selective with the photos because there are literally hundreds of them but this next one I won't miss ;P


These trophies on display, sometimes I wonder if I should join a competition just to get one of these. At least they look good on a shelf albeit coming last in the competition.



See Yung ko was in the competition and he gave a really solid performance.

Ah Hen ko was also there. It's the first time I see him in a singing competition so thumbs up for that.

And here are the top four contestants before the announcement of the winner. Ironically, they stood in the correct order; first to fourth place from left to right.


Some of the audience during the competition. Spot someone familiar? Front row center. Ehem.


Visit vancetan.com for more coverage.

0 comments: