A Day with the Heavenly Gift

|

Rain. Need I say more? The thing I like about the rain is my room is somehow cozier and colder. I can walk outside without thinking about the heat. But alas, when I actually walked outside yesterday, I was soaked knee down even with an umbrella. Walking becomes uncomfortable and as I let my feet dry in the air conditioned room, they feel frozen.

My dad is seriously thinking about wearing a pair of rubber boots and walking around Gadong in it. He said it’s more comfortable and with the raining pouring for the rest of the month, why not? Nobody is going to notice. Yeah, right. I told him that if he ever wears one, I’m going to pretend I don’t know him.

We went to a restaurant yesterday. Besides the slight drizzle, the weather pretty much held up. But as we start eating, the drizzle quickly transformed into a moderate downpour. I wasn’t worried because I know I have my trusty umbrella in my bag. I always carry it around with me. When we are done eating, my dad asked for my umbrella and confidently, I reached out into my bag. “Eh? Where is it?” I suddenly remembered that earlier I placed it in a bag, the other bag. Looking up at my dad, I smiled guiltily.

I don’t know if you call it fate or fortune, but we happened to be right across the multi-accessorized shop, Happy Star. For once the shop is a life saver. But of course the umbrella dad got costs $1.80. His account of the experience using the umbrella was, “A whip of the wind will break the damn thing” He managed to get to the car and come back to get us so all was saved no thanks to me, but thanks to the $1.80 store.

Like I said, I love the rain but sometimes, it can be unreliable just like the sun.

0 comments: