French Open 2012

|

French Open is in full swing and it's getting more and more exciting each day. I just realised that I've been following tennis tournaments for 5 years now and I'm still loving every bit of it. I wouldn't say there is much difference in terms of the momentum in tennis over the years but I'm very happy that my favourite player has significantly improved over the years; Djokovic went from 3rd seed in 2008 to the top seed in 2011. Very proud of that. At least my 5 years of support has not been in vain! But I notice quite a change in the rankings especially in the lower half of the top 10 in men's single. Whatever happened to James Blake and Nikolay Davydenko? It comes to show that being at the top of our game is not one easy job to maintain so I really salute those players who managed to hang on for so long. You gotta give it to Federer, he's done a fine job keeping up with the game.

Djokovic in action at Roland Garros Day 4. Photo courtesy of Roland Garros.

Paul Henri Matthieu returning a shot from John Isner during their long match which was eventually won by Matthieu. Photo courtesy of Roland Garros.

Regarding my previous post below, the road has now been reopened only two days after closure due to complains by the public on the traffic congestion as a result of the closure. They're now devising another plan which I hope will be much better than this brilliant plan of theirs.

0 comments: