Reptiles

|

I'm quite fascinated by reptiles although I never thought I would actually hold one for no reason. I mean, living in this country, there is no excuse. Like it or not, you will encounter snakes and whatnots. I've had a snake suddenly dropped in front of my face while I was collecting the laundry outside my house. I've had a snake hissed at me when I nearly stepped on its tail while walking along the side of a building. You watch those guys at Animal Planet handling snakes like it's a piece of cake. Well, it's a piece of poisonous cake that kills.

But of course, reptile exhibitions portray a completely different story. Not only are the snakes well-fed, they are tamed and they don't bite. Hence, no excuse. You've got to hold them and feel their weight on your arm and stroke their shiny skin. I love how real and heavy they are.


I think at this point I was getting too comfortable with the snake that I was man-handling the snake too roughly, much to the displeasure of the owner. Sorry!

Have I told you I hate lizards, to a very personal level? Well, this chameleon certainly felt like a lizard so I did not enjoy holding it and feeling its soft body on my palm. Yes, that was my fake smile.
But I do love this black snake!

0 comments: