I'm Back

|

I'm finally home now after being away for a year. What's my initial thought on that? I told my friend there is a mixed feeling. Wherever you are, there is always something that you can take away from that place and no doubt I've had the best experience of my life studying in the UK. The things I've done in that one year are more than I ever did in my whole life and I'm glad I got persuaded into studying abroad in the first place. It's funny how it felt like just yesterday when I embarked into the foreign land. A blink of an eye and here I am back again. It feels almost like a dream.

Here are some photos I've been meaning to share with you but never got the chance. But since its been quiet at home nowadays, I thought it'd be nice to share these with you now.

This is the street where my friend and I busked that August while we were still in the midst of writing up our dissertation. It will be one of those places on earth where I will never forget. Busking may not sound like a big deal for people in the UK or anywhere around the world but for people from this corner of the earth like me, busking on the street is quite the adventure.

This is my regular route to the computer cluster when I needed to do work on the school's computer. I love how scary it can get especially when I need to walk this route at 3am in the morning. It kept me awake all the way through.

This is mixed grill with cheesy fries at Tinseltown in London. It's extremely meaty and very high in calories I presume, therefore not recommended if you're on a diet. On the upside, it's delicious. I had this when I was in London with Mimi a couple of weeks ago. The food adventure in the UK was quite fun because they do have quite a number of dishes that you can't find here. My favourite is a tie between shawarma and chicken tikka.

Mimi loves Costa so whenever you see me posting a picture of Costa drink, you know I'm out with Mimi. Likewise, if I'm seen with a Starbucks cup, you know I'm out with Izzy. I'm generally not a coffee person so you'd never catch me going inside a cafe by myself. I'm more of a fast food junkie.

I saw this at Sainsbury's the other day and I almost wanted to get it but its too big and I don't think I can finish eating this but still...it's Spongebob! This is going to be my next birthday wish.

These are the UK versions of AirAsia. Cheap flights, FTW! We used both Jet2 and Ryanair when we went to Italy.

In Birmingham, we met up with the twins. I haven't seen them for ages so it was nice to catch up with them.

This is the transit at the airport in Dubai. Not much to do here but walked around like everybody else.

So that's all I have for now. I've gotten my project feedback and I'm very happy that I passed. The classification is not out yet though but at least I know its gonna be a pass. So what's next? You wait and see :)

0 comments: