Book of the Day

|

The Pusher by Ed McBain is a good old classic novel if you like reading about crime and mystery. Well, in my case, I love mystery novels. And I’ve read quite a number of the 87th Precinct series by McBain which are classic because they are old books published in the 50s and 60s. This particular book, The Pusher, is so old that my dad wasn’t even born at the time of the publication. And of course the procedure for solving the crime in this book is old school – fingerprints, footprints and stuff. No fancy equipment and DNA tests. And yet, I enjoy reading the book because it’s written by Ed, and anything by this author is good. Believe me. But only if you are a diehard fan of mystery and crime. If you are looking for romance or adventure, don’t even bother.

I know I’ve said that I prefer books by British authors rather than American authors, but Ed McBain is the exception. I don’t read a lot of books but enough to set my own preferences.


0 comments: