Natural Products

|

A friend is going back to her country for the summer so I accompanied her to the city centre to do a bit of souvenir shopping for her relatives back home. When I say souvenir, I'm not talking magnets with little British flags printed on them. I'm talking huge hauls from Lush and Body Shop and a walk inside those high street stores like Debenhams, H&M and GAP.

A walk through Commercial Street

I've never purchased items in bulk so I truly enjoy the experience of grabbing a handful of lip balms from Body Shop and filling up the basket like there's no tomorrow. It was great fun to be shopping without the window!

At Lush, we were unexpectedly baited by a saleslady who indulged us in their various facial care products which we both took into. Their products are known to be fresh, made from food products so whatever you can eat, you're sure to find the inedible versions at Lush.

To prove my point, I got myself a tub of 'wasabi'. I've tried this product and I really love it. It's actually a cleanser and you use it like any facial cleanser. Take a small chunk and add water, lather and apply to your face. It does feel like slabbing wasabi on my face though, but fortunately, it doesn't sting like wasabi!


The next one is a bit weird for me. It's a mint flavoured lip scrub. It's not so much the mint that's weird. It's the point of scrubbing the lips that got me scratching my head. But since I've got dry lips, I figure it wouldn't hurt to try this product. Honestly, I still don't get the point. After scrubbing, my lips became extremely pale, like I scrub off the colour of my lips. Would recommend this, though, if you've got peeling skins because it can scrub them right off.


The honey trap lip balm. Although it smells lovely, I don't like how solid it is. I can barely get any of it on my finger let alone apply it on my lips. It's great for hot weather so I might enjoy using this more when I get back.


Like I said, my friend was the one doing the haul, not me. So I've only got myself a few items. I might go to the city centre again in the next few days because I miss eating tang yuan and they have it in the Chinese supermarket.

I have a feeling that my next post will be about Djokovic. Hope it's about him winning the French Open! Otherwise you will see a post full of curses. I hope it won't come to that. In the meantime, it's a temporary holiday for me now. Yippie!

0 comments: