Tennis: The Surging Champion

|

(source: guardian.co.uk)

It was an impressive win today for Novak Djokovic as he dethrones the clay king to win the final of Mutua Madrid Open and continue his winning streak in this season of the ATP world tour. Having won this match, Djokovic now stand at 32-0 wins this season. Most would've predicted that Nadal would end Djokovic's winning streak in the match today but it turned out to be the other way around as Djokovic ended Nadal's 37th consecutive win on clay.

The straight win today at 7-5 6-4 in Djokovic's favour came not without a fight from Nadal. Both were equally solid in their performance. It will be interesting to see how the ranking will change in the months to come if Djokovic continue with this new-found glory.

The next major tournament is the clay court Roland Garros which will begin on 22nd June. The good news is everyone will be anticipating the championship match, and hoping to see Federer against Nadal, or this time, Djokovic against either one of them perhaps. Either way, I will be following that tournament closely. But the bad news for me is it will be in the middle of my exam week so I may not be able to catch all top matches.

Here's how I caught the live streaming earlier today. Yes, I needed two screens just in case if one is buffering and also now that I think about it, I feel like I'm obsessed with it!

0 comments: