Early Bird

|

Seven early eight early, I heard knocks on my window.

Well, it was more like thuds. Being a light sleeper, I wake up to the sound of almost any kind of disturbances; from the sound of clock ticking to the sound of dogs barking. It can be frustrating sometimes but I try to minimize them by having a wall clock with no batteries in it and using my earphones as earplugs whenever my dogs go mad barking at a passerby. In this case, a passerby is usually a monitor lizard or a wild boar.

Oddly enough, on a fine morning like this as I was lying in my bed fast asleep, this thud came unexpectedly. Thud. Thud. I knew immediately that it must be some kind of bird pecking on my window. I've heard of that noise before. It sounded familiar. This time, instead of ignoring its cry for attention, I grabbed my camera and sneaked up to my window.

Carefully, I reached out for the curtain. But as I was struggling to find the flap, I saw the silhouette of the bird flew away. It must have sensed my movement. With much struggle, I managed to flip the curtain open and what I saw was no small bird I had envisioned earlier. This creature stood proudly on the top frame of the swing right in front of my window, jumping every few inches across the frame before flying up to the nearest branch of the mango tree.

But I managed to take it's picture before it went out of sight of my camera.


And then back to bed again I went, wondering what a wonderful sight I've gained.

0 comments: