Four Movies and Counting

|

Over the past few weeks, I've indulged myself in countless number of movies and series that by now I would probably not be able to tell the difference between the real world and the fantasy one. It is rather intriguing to say that we're brainwashed by television because up to a certain extent it is true.

But movies give us more accurate pictures than books will ever do. It is for movies that we can recognize accents and read the body language. So once in a while (too much is unhealthy though), we should all take a break by watching some good movies.

Here are some I've recently watched that you might enjoy too.

A romantic film about a woman who flies to Ireland to propose to her boyfriend and met an Irishman on the way. There is a journey and there is love. You'll just have to watch it to appreciate it.


This film is based on a book of the same name. I only realized the boy is the same boy in Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang, which I've also recently watched. I have a fascination for the Holocaust. I've read articles and stories. It's really inhuman what happened. I find this film a bit odd because the Germans speak English with the British accent. I guess that's because it's meant for people to understand the story (the book was written by an Irish novelist). This is my favorite movie from this list. It's a must-watch!


If you're a football fan and you know who Brian Clough is, then you should probably watch this movie. I am not a fan of football and I have no idea who Mr Clough is but I happen to like the actor who protrayed him, Michael Sheen. He's also one of the old vamps in New Moon. Fortunately, the movie is about the said sports in the 70s and I also happen to like the 70s so this is a good one for me. It's a bit slow though.


If you like adventure, then The Hangover is one you shouldn't miss. There are plenty of silliness and mysteries throughout the film and overall it's very entertaining. I still wonder how the chicken got there. Sorry, that was a spoiler. But go watch it already!

0 comments: