BBQ Party

|

As promised, here is the post about the party we had on May 15 2010. It was supposed to be a party for Maths and Computer Science people but the idea fell through so in the end it became just a party. Period. The party was...how do I put it? A bit disappointing but fun at the same time. Disappointing because we didn't get to play the games and I guess you can blame me for that. I learned on that day that I am not a good host at all. I'm sorry for that. My excuse is it rained! And when you think about it, who would actually want to play the games? There are not many kids and realistically, it just won't happen. Such a shame.

But besides that, everything went well. The food, the BBQ, the location, and most of all, the people who came. I just want to thank everyone who contributed to the party: Nina, Fakhriah, Aden, Shy Ni, Jia Liang, Chun Ping, Haniff, Fadhli, Chee Keong, Foo, Bernard, Kevin, my supervisor and all the people who attended. It was great to see everyone there. I'm gonna miss you all.

Without further ado, here are some pictures which I already uploaded to Facebook last week.

The barbeque man at work (Thanks Fadhli and Haniff for helping with the grill)

These tasty finger foods was part of the main course

We managed to surprise Nina all thanks to Fadhli, Shy Ni and Jia Liang

L-R: Nina, Aden, Fakhriah, me and Shy Ni

Dr Saiful conversing with Prof Didenko and his wife

The CS guys: Foo, Chee Keong and Bernard

In the middle of the party, Dr Anderson gave a speech as a farewell for Dr Holtby and presented him with a gift.

Despite the rain, the party ran smoothly and because we did not play the games, all the gifts were given to the guests as an appreciation for their attendance.

0 comments: