Our Voice

|

Our society celebrated our country's national day a couple of days ago with a buffet lunch at one restaurant in the city (notice no keywords? haha)

We were randomly divided into four groups and played a good number of games that include quizzes and charades. The most memorable one for me was the challenge of composing our own patriotic song. I mean, make a song in 15 mins and it has to relate to our national day's theme? That is not one easy assignment. Our group was so focused that we skipped dessert to complete the song. I'm proud of the outcome because the lyrics are simple yet clever and grasp the concept of the love for our country and our nation.

The team in action

Unsurprisingly, we won. Well deserved guys!

Honestly, this is the first time I actually do something patriotic on the national day. I never celebrated this day before until I am away from my country. What an irony. But I'm glad I did because it's never too late to express the love for your own country and being here, I see myself as a flag barrier everywhere I go.

5 bucks if you can find me in this pic. I kid ;)

Photo credits to the society

0 comments: