The Art of Deceit

|

I define an art to be a piece of work that one produce from his or her imagination or from what their eyes see. I take little credit for my work because I hardly see my work as sketching. My little trick, inspired by the great works of tattoo artists especially Kat Von D, is to trace the outline of the figure from the original picture onto my canvas. My laptop, therefore, is a handy tool for this work.



Then I select the pencils depending on the depth I want to achieve on my work.

And I do a little something I'd like to call 'fill in the blanks' or in the art world - shading. It's simple. It does not require tacit knowledge. You just copy as you see. I like to think of it as a form of image analysis where my eyes see contours on the flat image and so I place more pressure on areas with shadows and so on. And the result looks like this.

It's not perfect because I am still practicing my strokes. I still lack a crucial detail which is the subtle expression the picture protrude. I admit I can't put that down on paper yet but I hope someday I will get closer to that.

0 comments: