Bottom of the Triangle

|

How healthy is our daily food consumption? I can't say this statistically but I can bet the average person consume more calories than they need to. I myself am guilty of such thing. All I can say is I love food. I don't think there's a point in living if I don't eat good food, that is to say there is no point to live if we only eat to survive.

Sometimes I feel like I gobble instead of chew. Sometimes I eat at a speed slightly faster than average, to a point that I can't taste the food because it disappear before my taste bud is ready to function. I guess I need to find a way to slow down and actually savor the food. Well, that will be my new project: taste food. That's pretty vague but I think I get the artistry of it.

This is a good way to start. My mom made this.

Since we're on topic, I would like to introduce to you a special menu that fuse western and Chinese food together, the wet fried spaghetti. There were leftover spaghetti with no sauce so my dad fried it the Chinese style resulting in this fusion thing I don't even know what to call it. It taste surprisingly good given that we don't know what to expect. The spring roll is actually a fruit salad spring roll and the cheese sausages are steamed. I think its a Chinese thing. We steam everything; sausages, nuggets, dim sum, fish balls, and even vegetables sometimes.

0 comments: