Ball and Field

|

I'll admit that I've never caught any World Cup matches on TV before this year's. Not being a fan of the sport, I've usually just switched channel every time a football match is on. Tennis is more like my kind of sport. No contact. Two players. Quiet audience. Many points. Well, football is just the opposite of that. I never thought I would ever sit down and watch a match but on came the opening game and there I was watching with puzzlement and interest at players kicking a ball across the field, accompanied by loud vuvuzelas. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I would've thought vuvuzelas blare is a norm in every football match.

A World Cup trophy sitting on my island

Before I knew it, I'm filling in match results on a World Cup poster I found lying around in my house. But that doesn't mean a thing really. It doesn't mean I found another sport. The best reason I could think of is that I have time to spare so I might as well see what's going on with this World Cup that everybody seem to talk about.

But don't you find it annoying that sometimes you sit for an hour and a half just to see zero goal for both teams? Isn't sports like basketball more exciting to watch? You can never NOT get any point in basketball. It's like wasted energy you know. So I still don't get the game, no.

0 comments: