Numbered Future

If you read my tweet, I’ve mentioned that I’m watching Desperate Housewives. And it’s good as always. I love the suspense and the humor. It never fails to make me laugh. I’m not done with it yet so don’t throw me any spoiler just yet.

The semester is starting so soon. And I’m kinda worried about the final year project. I’m not sure what topic I’m going to choose. I would be doing the topic for the whole year so I hope I choose the right one for me. You know, when people ask me what program I take in uni, I say Mathematics, and they give me the curious look and say, “What can you do with that?” Nobody knows. It’s too broad a subject and it has too many fingers pointing in different directions. I don’t know either. Perhaps there are actually jobs that require the power of raw mathematics, but it’s rare. They just don’t stand alone. Maybe that’s why we have minors, to support the majors.

Some people are just blessed with cool jobs. I would call those jobs the dream jobs. And I just found out about a friend having one. He’s gonna be a pilot soon! Lucky guy. And when I look at what’s ahead of me, all I can think of is lots and lots of numbers. Sigh.

0 comments: