The Slam of His Life

|

If you are here to read about me and whatever I encounter these past weeks, I’m sorry to disappoint you because I’m very into French Open right now so all you will be hearing from me is tennis and Federer. At least until the end of the week. And probably some more days after that for me to sink in the result. I promise I’ll get back to ‘normal’ mode after that.

Semifinal is coming soon. Like tomorrow I think. I can’t wait!

Everyone is anticipating for a win from Federer because not only will he tie Pete Sampras record of 14 Slams, but he will also join the only five other players who have won all four Grand Slams in the history of tennis. If he get to the final and won, that match will be a history and everyone wants to watch history in the making. Who doesn’t? The semi-final looks like this:


Robin Soderling vs. Fernando Gonzales


Juan Martin Del Potro vs. Roger Federer


I read this article earlier and thought I’d post a funny quote by the author:

“As a name, ‘Roger Federer’ is nothing special. It isn’t unique like ‘Tiger Woods’ or exotic like ‘Rafael Nadal’. ‘Roger’ is old-fashioned and unthreatening, while ‘Federer’ sounds like it was based on the mispronunciation of a stammerer many decades ago. Why does it need the second ‘er’? Why isn’t it just ‘Feder’? Why not go all the way and make it ‘Federerererer’?”

- Stephen Tignor, TENNIS.com

For the full article, click here.

0 comments: