Don't Cry For Me

|

I missed the Australian Open final last night because I went out with my family. But I kept checking the live score from my phone. I felt so disappointed with the final score. Federer came so close to winning. I guess the whole world (and that includes Pete Sampras) was watching and waiting eagerly for Federer to tie Sampras record of 14 Grand Slams. Better luck next time. Unfortunately, chances of Federer winning the next Grand Slam, French Open, is pretty slim because you have to face it, Nadal is still the King of Clay. But I hope he wins Wimbledon again. I heard he burst into tears when he lost. Aww…Too bad I didn’t get to watch it.

Rafael Nadal, the first Spaniard to win the Australian Open [image credit]


On a different note, something funny happened in class today that made me laughed in tears. I thought he fell down at first. Then I realized he just fell backwards when he tried to lie back on the chair. He was horizontal for a good two seconds before he came upright again. Then, he did the weirdest thing that, I think, triggered our laughter. He apologized and smiled and pretended nothing funny has happened. We sniggered in silence, not one person daring to LOL. And it lasted for 5 minutes or so. You don’t know how tortured I was from all that. I had to pull a straight face when I finally face him. You have to blame the broken chair for that. I hope the next person sitting on the chair wouldn’t attempt to lie down on it.

0 comments: