Anything Goes

|

I don’t know what to call this but here’s something funny that happened yesterday.

I went to this restaurant with dad and Shely. We sat at one of the cozy place near the bar table. No waitress came so I got up to get the menu on the counter myself. Well, a waiter saw me getting the menu so he came around our table with his pen and the small receipt book that he carries around and waited for us to place orders. By the way, he’s a Malay waiter, and for the record, he’s cute =P

I said to the waiter, “One fish & chips”. He scribbled it down. “Fried mee in tomato sauce”, said my sister. “And I want a peach float”. My dad ordered Teh-C, his usual, and then dad turned to me and asked, “What do you wanna drink?”

I looked around over the waiter to the big menu above the counter.

“Err, shui bian [trans: anything]”.

Then I saw the waiter scribbling down something which puzzled me. After we’re done, he tore out the receipt and placed it on our table. I took it and saw that he’s written “soya bean” which none of us ordered.

Yeah, he heard my “shui bian” as “soya bean”. Lol... How could he have heard wrong? Those words don’t even rhyme. We had a good laugh about it. I took the order cause I don’t really mind an extra drink. Besides, it’s only a dollar. If he wrote down something like blackforest shake, then I’ll be pissed!

0 comments: