Moving

|

The end of June came which means moving houses for many of us as term contracts come to an end. I don't want to bore you with all the gory details of our experiences cleaning our flat but I've got some quick pictures that will run you through the course of our excruciating glory.

A couple of days before the move, we had to clear out the food in the refrigerator so we had a small party with whatever food we have left. It was a weird dinner experience as we had salty fish with parathas and extremely spicy curry with mixed meat (sausages, burger meat, fish balls and crab meat).

AJ came around to help us out. Here's half of the Spenceleys and AJ.

We had to move the broken TV to the side to make way for the dinner. You see, we don't have a dining table. True story.

Ebom was at the party as well, but she only had carrots because she's on a diet. A guinea pig diet, that is.

The night wouldn't be complete without us camwhoring so there you go.

Mizan dropped in as well. And I think he made a truck out of the Lego set we have.

After the party's over, it was time to get down to business. That, in Spenceley term, means messing up the living room. We only had one box so it was pretty hard deciding what to put in that box considering that most items are fragile.


Here's Zudin clearing out the kitchen. We had so many stuff that we had to throw out most of them. We had more than 20 trash bags by the time we finish.

We couldn't resist having some fun while packing too. Here's me holding a football mug (which we threw away) while Izzy sat in her packing box while holding a teapot (I think we threw that away too)
.
.
.
And after a while, Izzy became the teapot.
We barely slept for three nights, but the satisfaction of clearing out stuff made up for that, albeit feeling a little guilty for throwing away lots of good stuff. We simply can't carry them all with us.

We also Skyped with Raizul that one night. I haven't seen him in months! He'll be coming over in the next couple of days and we're all excited for that.

How's my new room, you ask? Besides the traffic noise and the fact that we have flatmates who sleep at normal times unlike us so we have to keep quite at night, I think I'll survive. It's not so bad actually. The toilet is much better, the shower works perfectly and the kitchen's well-equipped. I'm just finding it hard to do my work because there is just something about this room that makes me feel lazy. On the bright side, I've been catching up with lots of TV series. But this month is supposed to be the busiest month so at one point I would have to kick myself back to reality. In the meantime, have a nice summer holiday!

0 comments: