US Open Semifinals

|

Here are the semifinalists for US Open men’s single:

Rafael Nadal [1] vs. Andy Murray [6]

Novak Djokovic [3] vs. Roger Federer [2]

I really want Djokovic to win but then again, it wouldn’t hurt to see Federer claiming another win for the 5th time, or is it 6th? Err..on the Nadal vs. Murray side, I don’t really care who got in the final. Nadal has won 2 Grand Slams this year and I’m just not a big fan of Murray so whoever got in the final, I hope either of my favourites win the Grand Slam.

On the women’s side, today’s actually the semifinal matches:

Dinara Safina[6] vs. Serena Williams[4]

Elena Dementieva[5] vs. Jelena Jankovic[2]

Anna Ivanovic is as disappointing as always. She was out in the second round quite like her early defeat at Wimbledon. And I’m talking about the world no. 1 here. Sigh. It’s just too bad. My favourite to win is definitely Jankovic because she plays really well. But I think the champion is going to be Williams. I just have this feeling.

Watch the men’s singles semis live on Saturday and the final on Sunday! Please, I’m talking about tennis here in case you don’t know. Time difference is 12 hours so 11am match means 11pm local time, I think.

0 comments: