Fed-X 13th Grand Slam

|

I slept too early just now so now it’s only 10:15pm and I can’t sleep anymore. But I decided to write instead so here goes.

Alright, first of all, Roger Federer won the US Open on Monday. He now has 13 Grand Slams and needs just one more to tie Pete Sampras’s record of 14. Hope he goes to win more in the future and exceed Sampras.

I went to the complex yesterday with Mimi again to play volleyball and squash. Just to get things straight, I don’t know how to play volleyball and played it the wrong way and ended up getting bruises all over my lower arm. I guess I won’t be playing for a while. It's a tough game to play. It ties with tennis, at least for me.


Mimi getting ready to serve

And yes, I know it’s the fasting month but the complex is open during the day too and there were very few people around. Oh, and Mimi broke her fast at the complex. I’ve seen people gathering at the hockey stand in a group to eat when the sun goes down which I think is pretty cool. You should try eating at weird places too when you break the fast.

(Federer image source: www.telegraph.co.uk)

0 comments: