Happy Dongzhi Festival!

|

Today marks the winter solstice festival and I was lucky to have two meals that include tang yuan in both! Dad decided to go on with the tang yuan rolling without us this year and by the time I stepped into the kitchen, the smell of sweet tang yuan soup filled the air. Our lunch was the usual fried kueh tiaw tapao from the usual coffee shop near our place. It's a weird combination eating tang yuan with kueh tiaw, I know. But most importantly, I woke up late so I didn't have time to prepare lunch!

Fortunately for us, mom decided to order food for dinner so it was nice to come home from Seria to find readily prepared food. It's such a nice change from all the cooking and cleaning, you know.


Heavenly duck to mark this special occasion.

Mom is always ready for the camera!

We're really looking forward to Christmas this year because unlike previous years, we actually got a little something special planned so I can't wait for it. In the meantime, we've been cleaning the house a lot lately, clearing out unwanted stuff. We've actually got a scanner in good condition that we don't need so if anyone wants a fully functioning scanner, please let me know. 


Cheers from all of us. Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

0 comments: