Dance Performance

|

I went to a dance theater performance a few nights ago. It was the last thing I expected myself to be doing that night.

It started when I went to my friend's house for lunch. There I met her transit house mate, Nhan, who had an extra ticket to the performance, in which none of her friends wanted to attend. So she offered me and I accepted it. I can assure you that I'd never say no to a free ticket.

Once there we had to sit separately because of the different seating numbers on our tickets. The show started. Having never watched any performance of this sort, I was intrigued by what's happening on the stage. I can only describe it in one word: breathtaking. Contemporary dance is what it is. I'm no expert in dance styles but I know a kick-ass one when I see one.

My friend, Nhan, got into conversation with her neighbor on her right during the break and introduced me to her afterwards. That was how I met another friend, Pauline. Like Nhan, she is a regular at dance theater shows as well. They're both really passionate about the art of dancing, a fine art for that matter.

Personally, I prefer the faster pace performances like gigs and concerts but this is a breathe of fresh air and I'm glad I get to experience its beauty.

Me with Pauline and Nhan

0 comments: